Twelve sides are through to the UEFA Champions League round of 16 and on Wednesday the four remaining places will be decided. UEFA.com explains the permutations.
- Through to round of 16 (*group winners): Barcelona*, Basel, Bayern München, Beşiktaş*, Chelsea, Juventus, Manchester City*, Manchester United*, Paris Saint-Germain*, Real Madrid, Roma*, Tottenham Hotspur*
- Can qualify on Wednesday: Leipzig, Liverpool, Napoli, Porto, Sevilla, Shakhtar Donetsk, Spartak Moskva
- Cannot finish in top two: APOEL, Borussia Dortmund
- Third: Atlético Madrid, Celtic, CSKA Moskva, Sporting CP
- Fourth: Benfica, Anderlecht, Feyenoord, Maribor, Monaco, Olympiacos, Qarabağ
Group E: Maribor (2) v Sevilla (8), Liverpool (9) v Spartak Moskva (6)
- Liverpool will qualify with a draw, and will clinch first place with a win, or a draw if Sevilla fail to win. If Liverpool lose they are out unless Sevilla are also defeated (as Liverpool would be below Spartak in a two-way head-to-head or would be third in a three-way head-to-head on nine points).
- Sevilla will qualify with a draw, or if Spartak fail to win. Sevilla clinch first place if they win and Liverpool do not.
- Spartak would be through with a win or third with any other result. If Spartak win they will finish top unless Sevilla also win.
- Maribor will finish fourth
Group F: Feyenoord (0) v Napoli (6), Shakhtar Donetsk (9) v Manchester City (15)
- Man. City are through as group winners.
- Shakhtar will be through if they avoid defeat or if Napoli do not win.
- Napoli must win and hope Shakhtar lose; in that case Napoli would finish second on head-to-head.
- Feyenoord will finish fourth.
Group G: Porto (7) v Monaco (2), RB Leipzig (7) v Beşiktaş (11)
- Beşiktaş are through as group winners.
- Porto are through if they win, or as long as they are at least level on points with Leipzig due to their superior head-to-head (on goal difference).
- Leipzig must pick up more points than Porto to finish second.
- Monaco will finish fourth.
Group H: Real Madrid (10) v Borussia Dortmund (2), Tottenham Hotspur (13) v APOEL (2)
- Tottenham have qualified as group winners due to their superior head-to-head over Madrid.
- Madrid have qualified as group runners-up.
- Dortmund and APOEL will contest third place. In case both teams draw Dortmund will be qualified due to superior goal difference in all matches. In case both teams win or lose the final ranking will depend on the number of goals scored and conceded in the last two matches.