2015 Kentucky Derby Odds
American Pharoah 5-2
Carpe Diem 15-2
Firing Line 16-1
International Star 18-1
El Kabeir 33-1
Far Right 33-1
Danzig Moon 40-1
Ocho Ocho Ocho 40-1
Mr. Z 40-1
Keen Ice 40-1
War Story 40-1
Kentucky Derby prep races concluded with a smashing performance from American Pharoah, who likely assured himself the favorite’s role in the 141st Kentucky Derby when romping by eight lengths in the April 11 Arkansas Derby. Either we witnessed an incredible talented 3 year old or one of the weakest Million dollar purse fields in the Arkansas Derby, only time will tell.
Trained by three-time Kentucky Derby winner Bob Baffert, American Pharoah increased his point total to 160, vaulting to the fourth on the Leaderboard behind International Star(171), Dortmund (170) and Carpe Diem (164).
Baffert has a strangle hold on this years Kentucky Derby with American Pharoah and Dortmund both serious chances to end up with a blanket of roses on their back on the evening of the first Saturday in May. Whilst most of us were leaning towards Dortmund prior to the Arkansas Derby, Its now evident that the 2-year-old champ has the ability to give him a serious run for his money. Either way, both horses are prepared to give it their all and this year’s loaded Kentucky Derby is bound not to disappoint.
Derby Facts for Thought
– Winners at 10/1 or less win 80% of the time over history
– Only 14 Derby winners (10%) have won at odds of 20/1 or higher.
– Post 17 has yet to yield a winner. 18 and 19 have only done it once each.
– 80% of derby winners since 1970 have finished 1st or 2nd in final prep
– Since 1875, the favorite has finished off the board 39 times (27%)
– Since 1980, the favorite has finished off the board 21 times (60%)
– Average field size: 1875-1980 = 11.48
– Average field size: Since 1980 = 17.91
– American Pharoah (Dam Side)- Carpe Diem (Sire Side)- Conquest Typhoon (Sire Side)
– Dortmund (Dam Side)
– El Kabeir (Sire Side)
– Firing Line (Sire Side)
– Mr. Z (Dam Side)
– Stanford (Dam Side)
– Tencendur (Dam Side)
Sportsbet Magazine thinks he can, were tipping American Pharoah to go all the way and give the Triple Crown a shake!