Sports Bettors started the NFL season off on the right foot with the Eagles comeback win as well as high volume games such as the Chiefs, Ravens, and Cowboys all winning without much trouble. Sportsbet Magazine subscribers got outstanding value with the Best Bet Rams -1.5 getting over the line and selections from our top rated handicapper going 3 from 4 overall at 75% to kick start the NFL season.
NFL Week 1 Betting Notes
- Underdogs went 8-6 ATS (against the spread) in week 1, with four winning outright in addition to one tie.
- After the Antonio Brown release by the Raiders and addition by the Patriots, the Raiders moved from 40-1 to 100-1 to win the Super Bowl and the Patriots improved from 6-1 to 4-1. The Raiders win total stayed at 6, however now the under is being offered at -152, a much heavier price. The Patriots win total moved from 11 to 11.5 games.
- The four most popular teams to cover the spread were the Chiefs, Browns, Ravens, and Cowboys with all having 75% or more of tickets in their favor. Three of four covered, with the Chiefs, Ravens, and Cowboys all covering the spread in convincing fashion.
- The Philadelphia Eagles were the most popular moneyline bet of the week, and were also heavily backed to cover the spread with 90% of tickets on the Eagles to cover. After an early deficit, the Eagles came back to win easily. While the moneyline pick was a winner, a late Redskins touchdown covered the spread for the underdogs.
- The Los Angeles Chargers and Indianapolis Colts game was subject to a lot of attention due to the shocking Andrew Luck news. Before the news, the Chargers were 3.5 point favorites. After the trade, the line closed at 6.5. Bettors that bet the Chargers before the Luck news won their bets in overtime, while bettors after the news couldn’t quite hang on to the win.
Online Sports Betting in America – BET HERE NOW TO RECEIVE A MATCHED BET UP TO $500 LIVE ODDS HERE– BET NOW HERE– FREE BETS HERE
Sportsbet Magazine is the most trusted Sports Betting Magazine in the industry. We work closely alongside the best sports handicappers to compile our best sports betting picks and NFL daily score predictions to source the best possible advantage for online sports betting in America.
Sportsbook New Jersey – Online Betting New Jersey– Sportsbook New York City – Online Betting New York City – Sportsbook California – Online Betting CaliforniaOnline Betting Pennsylvania – Sports Betting Pennsylvania