Notable Injuries after week 2
-Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy left Sunday night’s game against the Seattle Seahawks with an ankle injury and did not return. X-rays were negative on Packers running back Eddie Lacy’s injured ankle, a person with knowledge of the situation told USA TODAY Sports on Monday. But the timeline for Lacy’s return wasn’t immediately known as of Monday morning, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because medical details were to remain private.
– Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler injured his hamstring in the second quarter against the Arizona Cardinals. Cutler left the game after throwing an interception and attempting to tackle safety Tony Jefferson, who scored a touchdown on the return. UPDATE: Bears coach John Fox said Cutler’s hamstring injury was a strain and not severe, but ESPN reported Cutler will miss at least two weeks.
– Tony Romo suffered a broken left clavicle in the Dallas Cowboys’ game against the Philadelphia Eagles. UPDATE: Romo tweeted Monday that he will not undergo surgery for the injury.
– Buffalo Bills safety Aaron Williams was taken off the sidelines on a stretcher and loaded into an ambulance with a neck injury. UPDATE: Williams was released from the hospital later on Sunday.
– Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Kiko Alonso suffered a knee injury against the Dallas Cowboys and was ruled out for the remainder of the game.
– Eagles linebacker Mychal Kendricks also suffered a hamstring injury.
– Detroit Lions quarterback Matt Stafford got x-rays on his hand and ribs after a loss to the Minnesota Vikings. UPDATE: Lions coach Jim Caldwell said Monday Stafford is “very, very sore” and he was unsure if the QB would be available for a Week 3 game against the Denver Broncos.
– Miami Dolphins left tackle Branden Albert left his team’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars with a hamstring injury and did not return.
– Atlanta Falcons running back Tevin Coleman was carted off with a rib injury in the Week 2 matchup with the New York Giants. UPDATE: Coleman is expected to miss a few weeks, according to multiple reports.
– Giants cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was ruled out and was being evaluated for a concussion.
– Giants left tackle Ereck Flowers was carted off with an apparent ankle injury.
– Houston Texans offensive lineman Jeff Adams was carted off with a knee injury and ruled out of the remainder of the game with the Carolina Panthers. UPDATE: Adams tore his patella tendon and will miss the rest of the season, Texans coach Bill O’Brien announced.
– Indianapolis Colts cornerback was ruled out of Monday night’s game against the New York Jets after suffering a concussion.